Zoom 506II Bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Paul182, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Paul182

May 18, 2005
    I love the sounds on mine but there are a couple of things I can't stand.

How can I(If I can) play through it but not use any of it's effects? Any time I play live I have to either plug it out for songs with no effects or just play with some effect that sounds close to just my amps sound.

Is there any way to set it before so I can switch from one effect to the other eg. from A1 straight to B3 instead of having to press on it a couple of times until it reaches B3?

Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. to not use an effect, press down on both the little foot switches at the same time (the ones u use to change the effect). id recommend u go through the effects and pick out the ones that u will actually use, and store them all together. your little booklet will tell you how to do that. if not i'll fill u in.
  3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'd recommend getting rid of the Zoom... sure it's cheap, but it's cheap for a reason. I jammed with a guitarist/bassist the other day (he played guitar for the jam) and we talked about Multi Effects units, and he mentioned how he had a Zoom for a while. I went, yeah, I gave mine away, and he said, yeah, I threw mine in the garbage. :eek:
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Not even good doorstops.
  5. it was ok for me, but it had such a horrible bypass that i got rid of it to save my ears the hiss. i found very rare practical uses for the effects, so i basically just had a patch for clean playing, and would go back one for one effect and forward for another.