Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zoom 506II or Boss bass distortion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Discrepancy, Jun 3, 2001.

1. I want to get a distortion/effects pedal, and i want to know which is better a Zoom 506II or a Boss bass distortion pedal.

2. the zoom is better you get more out of it you get chorus phase shifter ECT ECT. and you can make your own patchs if you want :D

----------------------------------------
    D-U-M-B Everyones accusing me!
    -Joey Ramone

3. Yar, but it sounds like **** too..

I has a lot of static, that's why i replaced it with a Korg AX1B.. ok.. it's about twice the price of the 506, but triple the soundquality

4. FOE_Bass

FOE_Bass Guest

Jun 29, 2000
    Grass Valley, CA
    I prefer single effect boxes as opposed to a multi-effect unit. The single effects are easier and quicker to tweak the settings, and good ones have no hiss. I suggest the Boss ODB-3. It has infinite sound possibilities and responds beautifully to the strength of the attack, like a true overdriven tube. Plus it's Boss, so you can run it over with a tank and still get the same orgasmic results.

5. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    I just got the ODB-3 Boss Distortion pedal. I just can't play without it now !!!! There's a two band EQ that you can use with a dry sound as well. The tones it gives are amazing and by far better than any Zoom toy.

It's my opinion.