Zoom 506II

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mwbonsall, Aug 12, 2000.

1. mwbonsall

mwbonsall Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

Has anyone tried the new Zoom 506II? I would like to get an effect pedal thay I could actually use for bass. The advertisements look neat, but I would like some input from someone who spent their own money on one.

Thanks for any input in advance.

2. omarbass

Aug 14, 2000
    Let me tell you that I tried this pedal and it has its ups and downs like any pedal that you get. The biggest reason that I didnt get it is that you have to scroll through too many stupid patches to get to desired sounds, which is a big negative if you plan on using it on stage. But if you're main reason for getting it is to have some fun at practice or by yourself than its pretty cool, it has some cool sounds and it gives you pretty decent control over them, but like i said, its hell if you're gonna be on stage.
  3. actually no, i think its real easy to use on stage, as long as you dont have like 30 patches to choose from, if you really want one, ill sell you mine for $70, i havent used it often, i just dont like it much, all its missing is the battery plastic cover, but that isnt a big deal, it sounds nice, but has a lot of useless effects like reverb and fuzz (the fuzz is horrible, you cant tell if you are playing a note or not). But overall it is real nice.

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA
    try a korg AXB1
  5. blitzu

Aug 19, 2000
    I have the 506 .. It is pretty good have'nt looked at the II yet ..
  6. Tycho

Aug 17, 2000
    I just bought the 506 (not 506II) a couple of weeks ago, and I just finished playing some shows and so far I haven't had any problems scrolling through the sounds...Sure there are 24 different Settings that you can have, but usually players don't use more than 1 or 2 different effects during a song and as long as you have them side by side (i.e. A1,A2 or F3,F4) You have too much trouble with it.

One downside with the pedal is that you have to actually sit down find the sounds you like and mess around with them cuz most of the presets suck...But if your anything like me, and have patience for things like makin your bass playin sound cooler, then it's a pretty good pedal for relativly cheap.

One more thing, if anyone has a Zoom506, let's trade settings! I find tradin settings makes for some wide varieties!!!
  7. blitzu

Aug 19, 2000
    Hey Tycho

I am pretty boring with Mixing up my Own Seetings but i Use the Delay function set to maximum delay time with the Wah set to the middle freqency .. Quite a cool Sound.