Zoom 607 anesthesia metallica

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by violettears, Aug 5, 2004.

1. violettears

Aug 5, 2004
    I'm trying to get as close to Cliff Burton's sound in Metallica's anesthesia. I have a zoom 607 bass pedal...So far I've turned up the FUZZ to 30 and it sounds like it..

But I'm having trouble getting that sound for the WAH...I even went to the section that has the CRY1 and CRY2 but then it's on all the time and messes up with the whole sound...when I just need that sound for this one section...

Ok does this make any sense to anyone? :confused:

Even if you don't have this particular pedal, I'd like your opinion on what effects to use. :)
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Cliff used a Big Muff Pi by Electro Harmonix and a Morley Power Wah boost. You'll definately get better results with individual effects.
  3. Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    i had a digitech bp20 & i played a zoom, and the wahs can get nowhere close to the power wah...
  4. mikarre

mikarre Guest

I have the 607, but I just use it with headphones, I don't hook it up to an amp. Using it like this, there seems to be some okay distortion sounds that would come somewhat close to what Cliff had. The wah is horrible on it though. It's just a cheap little effects thing, the pedal doesn't physically move enough to get the wide sweep of frequencies for something like Anesthesia.

To more accurately nail Cliff's sound, you'd do better with seperate effects and a quality wah pedal. I don't know how those expensive multi-effect floor processors are, maybe they are good, but I always liked seperate effects better.
  5. violettears

Aug 5, 2004
    thanks guys,
    I guess I'll see if I can get a separate wah pedal. I only bought the zoom pedal cuz I have no money and I was getting all these effects and a built-in tuner for $200 Canadian. I've had it for a few years so I think it's money well spent. Some of the separate pedals I've seen are $100 or $150 or even more for just one effect. But I guess that's why the separate pedals are actually really good. :bassist:

TIME TO UPGRADE!! :hyper: