Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zoom 607 Multi Bass Effects Pedal....your views?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by HappyMikey, Oct 3, 2003.

1. I tried searching for it but it's kinda hard since it's a long name,so I'm sorry if this was brought up before...

Anywho I'm getting the Zoom 607 Multi Bass Effects Pedal for 60 bucks (USD) and since it's a good deal,I was wondering what you guys think of this pedal? What are its ups and downs?

And what kinda effects does it have? Does it have distortion? And is the built in tuner better then a regular Qwik Tune?

Thanks.

2. Anyone?

3. i havent played through one but i had a dod basstec and i think the general rule as far as low cost multieffects pedals go is that you get what you pay for... they are fun to fool around with but they dont have very many useable sounds... you might want to read the reviews on harmony-central.com for more info

4. I use a 607 for practice and on gigs where I don't use or need any efx. I use it a lot for the tuner, volume pedal maybe a bit of chorus or flange and a bit of reverb. I view a multiefx as a utility or swiss army knife kinda thing, I have several better flangers but they aren't also a tuner or envelope filter. They are also handy for portable practice as they drive a set of headphones pretty well and fit in the pocket of your gig bag or case.

5. Ordos

Ordos

Sep 13, 2003
    i have a bfx708. It's great for practice, and it has helped me find the effects i want the most.

but its not like you can't use it for gigs at all, it preformed great yesterday when i had a huge gig. :)

6. While I'm not familiar with the 607, I use the Zoom Bfx708 for practicing at home as I much prefer to jam along with it's built in drum machine than with a metronome. Only problem with the drum machine is that even on it's lowest setting, it's too blooming loud to play along with using the bass effects in the pedal! :meh: This is a great pity as the drum samples are quite good quality. I get around this to a degree by using it through a seperate amp so that I can get the volume down; but I am robbed of the use of it's effects. As far as the quality of the effects go, some are useable and some are'nt. Most of them dull the tone of your bass and make it sound muddy when playing live through a big PA system. The octaver is the exception to this. It sounds killer and tracks really well. The tuner is great and easy to use, even senses my low B whereas my boss tuner won't.
    If you want to use a zoom live, it'd be a good idea to have it hard by-passable for when you are not using it so that it doesn't kill your tone.

7. Everlast

Everlast

Oct 4, 2003
    they are way over rated in my book. but that is just me. the input on mine broke within about 3 months that i had it. and zoom refused to fix it. would highly recommend not getting one.:bawl:

8. Thanks guys!