Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zoom 607

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nazman, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Nazman

Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    I am thinking of getting one of these pedals..Has anyone tried one? :bassist:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yeah. It's a lousy doorstop.

3. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    but its better than the 708II

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Not much. Slide like crazy when you prop a door against it.

5. Nazman

Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    whats decent for about $100.00?

6. well, i have a 708II, it did its job, its only useful effects are the crappy ones i dont use (does that make sense)

surprisingly the overdrive doesnt compaire to my sansamp BDDI, but hey, what do you expect

Nazman, if you like the looks of the pedal, try getting one on ebay second hand, you can get them cheaper on their (id think, they dont seem to have much resale value)

7. Nazman

Nazman

Mar 4, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    WellI am a guitarist playing bass..and I am plugged in to a peavey 15" with a 300 watt behringer head..playing a 1979 Ibanez Musician. I have no effects whatsoever as of right now..I have a new Yamaha RBX170 that I am either going to trade or sell and get me an effects pedal..I just need something to make my overall sound better..Having basicially one sound is limiting what I can do..I look on ebay and they always say 3 to 4 weeks for delivery..and by the time I pay shipping I am paying what I can pay at a local music dealer.
    And I have a show in 3 weeks to play
    It isnt that I love the look of the 607..It was just enexpensive ...as long as it sounds good and is in my budget I could care less what it looks like.

8. I like my 607 & use it all the time. I keep most of the patches I use simple and don't use the distortions at all. Single efx are better but the 607 is more convenient to carry around and much quicker to set up.