Zoom 708 bypass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bob Gollihur, Oct 25, 2000.

1. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Can any owners of the Zoom 708 bass effects box comment on the unit's bypass function? Is it a true bypass, or does it stay in the circuit when it's "off". I wouldn't find a few effects here and there but my last experience with a Korg unit affected my tone even when it wasn't "on". I can't have that.
  2. fat jonny

fat jonny

Jul 8, 2000
    Columbus Ohio
    It is not true bypass. I had one for about a year and that was one thing that always annoyed me about it. even in bypass/tuner mode it affects the sound. It seemed to take out the mids a little and made it sound too processed for my taste. It seemed to change the EQ quite a bit(in bypass mode) so I didn't use it a lot. Some of the effects are pretty good, others suck, to get really good effects you have to make your own patches and not use the presets. The drum machine can be cool to have. One more bit of advice, if you do decide to get one, get a power supply!!! It takes 4AA batteries and that only lasts 14 hours. I would spend 2-3 bucks on batteries for the thing in a week! so $20 for a power supply is definitely worth it in my opinion. Definitely don't rule this out as an option because it is pretty good for the price, but if you really need the true bypass that might be a problem. Hope that helped.