1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zoom A3 settings

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jdh3000, Nov 19, 2019.

1. jdh3000

jdh3000

May 16, 2016
    This is probably more to do with double bass or EUB players...

Is anyone using this finding any good effects for acoustic bass or EUB? I know it's primarily designed for acoustic guitar but has a setting for double bass.

I got mainly for the feedback eliminating function because this one room we play wreaks havoc on my EUB; a corner room with a hollow stage, and on to top it off, the mains/subs are angled inward toward the center of the room, which I have no control over.

Well I tried it there the other night, using the para eq in it I had tamed down a louder boomy tone, and used the feed back button on an offending frequency at sound check. I thought everything was ok until I played it about 30 minutes in, then boom... I started getting some feedback.

I didn't have anytime to fix it from there so wound up not playing it the rest of the night... I wasn't even directly in front of my amp with it...

I got it home and tried cutting out the mods, and I think that would have fixed it but won't know until we are back there.

Is anyone else having any success with this pedal. I have to have a preamp for my EUB, I was just hoping to utilize some of the other features.

Thanks!

2. matthewbrown

matthewbrown Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Harwich, MA, USA
    I've started using it in my basement practice room for both EB and URB. The chorus works well with EB, and I'm definitely going to use it live. For URB, I found a nice setting that keeps a very natural sound, better than I'd been able to do before, using the modeling that comes with the unit and the ordinary settings + a little compression. I am looking forward to trying it with a mic, as I think the URB will sound even more natural with a bit of mic mixed in.