1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ZOOM B1 OR KORG AX3B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Makatak, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Makatak

Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    Ive never used effects on my bass in the 30 years ive been playing , just thought id play around without breaking the bank on something i may not like/use . These two options are available and cheap locally , does anybody have any experience/opinions on which unit I should go for ?
    The main effects id want would be Octaver , delay and maybe chorus . I know the zoom has a drum machine which may be helpful for practice , is it easy to program, ? Thanks in advance

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    If you ask me, I would say go for the korg ax3b. korg processors has a large variety of effects, amp and cab models. it's got a good octaver effect. the dealys sounds pretty cool. and it has awesome sounding chorus effects. I use korg processors for a few years now and I definitely recommend them.

3. Being a Zoom guy I'd lean that way. Zoom is very clever in splitting up the efx banks so you can get combinations not available on other units and there are multiple delays available. Once you get used to the programming process the Zoom is pretty easy to tweak tones but it is not something you'd want to do on a gig. Consider the B1x as it adds an expression pedal.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 26, 2020