1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ZOOM B1 Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lowendblues, Oct 10, 2013.

1. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    For what its worth, ( around $59.00 new), I just love my little Zoom B1 multi effects pedal, but I have a question, hopefully there's a few of you out there that use one of these.

The right upper knob, when not in editing mode, controls the overall volume of the unit, I use it as a master volume for my rig,,,maybe that's not what your supposed to do, but it works for me,, that being said, what do you folks run you level at? Mine is very hot.

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    The zoom b1 is more suitable for beginners in my opinion. If you dig it, that's cool. if you like to make an upgrade, I would suggest saving some more cash on a zoom b2 or zoom b3. if you're on a tight budget, check out the zoom ms-60b. the sound quality on the zoom b3 and the zoom ms-60b is phenomenal and definitely surpasses what the zoom b1 and b2 has to offer.

3. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Bang for buck, I like it. I'm one of those old school guys who likes cheap stuff that works.

I have been eyeballing the B3 though.

4. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    That's cool. I use to buy cheap effects and oftenly I've had good experiences with those effects. the only cheap effect I have now is a danelectro cool cat cc-1 chorus pedal. this chorus pedal costs $50 and it sounds phenomenal. I use that pedal as a part of my live set-up and since then it's been my most treasured stomp-box along with the ebs metaldrive.

Considering that you're a budget-minded musician and you're eyeballing on the zoom b3, the zoom ms-60b has similar effects in one stomp-box. the only difference is that the zoom b3 has more effects than the zoom ms-60b. If you're really interested in the zoom b3, I would suggest saving some cash for one and believe me it's worth the investment. but if you're out of reach, the zoom ms-60b would be right up your alley.