1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zoom B1on patch edition software

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tymophil, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Tymophil

Tymophil

Aug 16, 2006
    Hi bass fellows,

I bought a Zoom B1on unit under the bold assumption that there was a software dedicated to the patch edition.
    I could not find one...
    I did not find any such software in the B1on section of the Zoom internet site.
    I tried the Edit and Share utlity, but it doesn't seem to be able to edit anything bass related beyond the Zoom B3. The software doesn't recognize my Zoom B1on pedal anyway...
    Did I miss something ?

Best regards.

2. The USB port is for firmware upgrades only (it can also be used to power the pedal,) there's no way to interact with the patches via USB. Having said that, the hacking community is pretty creative, I wouldn't be shocked if someone finds a way in the future...

3. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
    That was a bold and innaccurate assumption. Yes to the above post. The B3 is the only unit that can interface with software for patch editing. For the B1on, MS-60b, etc. all effect editing and patch mgmt happens in the pedal itself.

4. bnolsen

bnolsen

Jan 30, 2014
    denver area
    the zoom b1on/g1on just uses the cable for firmware updates. I haven't torn into it as much as i would like. the most functionality you'll probably see from these would be the ability to build your own firmware with your own settings, combining features from both the b1on and g1on pedals if desired. as mentioned above editing would be done on pedal. perhaps more could be done through the usb but currently the only known operations are related to formware updates.

5. johnp352

johnp352

Aug 19, 2005
    Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Rick Turner, GK
    Igor not die dead...

I know there's "no way"..but..if all the info for the models is stored digitally in the pedal..and when you replace/add models by refreshing the firmware..the firmware has specific setting in each effect/model (FE, the echo delay thing has settings you start with) doesn't it stand to reason that if you could transfer this back to a library with your settings, therefore saving what you did, and be able to trade it all through usb to a pc?

And be able to have a large stockpile of all the models as well?

I bought a G1on as well as a B1xon..too much fun.

anybody hack these yet?

6. MilkyMcMilkMilk

MilkyMcMilkMilk

Dec 17, 2008
    I've been looking at getting a B1ON or B1XON. Not really sure if I need the expression pedal.

Since you have one of each, do you feel you get much more with the expression pedal?

7. johnp352

johnp352

Aug 19, 2005
    Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Rick Turner, GK
    pedal version is handy for pitch bend and echo speeds/FB etc. $20 is worth it. Hope you have small feet though, my size 11's are not to hPPY WITH IT.