Zoom B1xon into Zoom B3 Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rib 13, Dec 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Rib 13

Rib 13 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Home
    Does anybody use a pair of these in tandem?

I have a B3, which I love, but there are a few patches where I need four effects (basically, I want to use a Parametric EQ to Boost 8K - that magical cut-through-any-mix frequency, especially for slap bass) but the B3 only allows three effects

So I went ahead and ordered a B1Xon mainly as a Parametric Shaper (nice that it can chain 5 effects but I only need it to basically do this one job) to go into the B3

Anybody foresee any problems here? Thanks in adavance

2. That should be fine, just be careful with gain staging. I do not have that specific combo but Zoom efx generally play well together.

champbassist and SpazzTheBassist like this.
  3. Rib 13

Rib 13 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Home

4. Rib 13

Rib 13 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Home
    Well, the bad news is that its a B1on and not a B1xon....

The good news is: I dont care :D

Its doing what I want it to do and both together are surprisingly quiet ( i dont use any distortion or synth settings so this may have a lot to do with the quietness)....Tweaking now but very happy :)

zoom.jpg

cool12y and bassbrad like this.
  5. Rib 13

Rib 13 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Home
    OT from thread title:

So, Ive been using the Hartke setting as my default "start-off" patch. Its nice, bright, punchy, and clean, very versatile for fingers and slap for a wide range of styles which I have to employ on any given night ( I like it better than the Eden simulator "Heaven" which I thought was a tad too dark)

Today I discovered the SVT preset -- Now, I dont use distortions because I can never dial them down enough to be useful to me but I occasionally miss having that edgy touch of speaker breakup for Rock songs like I had in the 80s --- the factory Preset has just the perfect amount of breakup for edge while still maintaining a largely clean body....I am TOTALLY impressed....I finally have that ever-so-slight edgy breakup for the handful of Rock songs we do that I havent employed in decades

Very Happy Camper :)