1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ZOOM B2.1u first impressions.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by GreyBeard, Mar 9, 2008.

1. I have a rather strange setup these days. I've been running into a SVP-Pro that goes into a older small Behringer 8 channel mixer where it mixes with a Alesis drum machine and is then sent to a PLX-1202 into a Whappo Jr. The drum machine is also sent into my small PA and monitor but the bass and drums together go through the Whappo Jr. Anyway I got the Zoom the other day and used it this weekend for the 1st time. I bypassed the SVP-Pro and went straight from the guitar to the Zoom to the mixer. This thing has some really great sounds right out of the box. I ended up using the TUBE PRE-AMP (B7) for most of our stuff but I also like the SVT (A0) setting for a lot of the classic rock stuff we do. I even created my own combination patch (tremelo w/chorus) (A7) and used in on a few slow songs. I'm sure there are those who hate it because it's digital and modeling, but to me it just sounds good, however it works.

2. ihateusernames

ihateusernames

Jun 26, 2006
    The ZOOM tube pre is a good starting point for patches. This thread is a good starting point for discussion in the effects forum :smug:

3. Yeh, I realized that after I posted it, I wish the mod would move it.

4. I like those 2 amp sounds and also am using the Bassman Pop model B4 or C7 as a starting point. I would really like to use the Acoustic 360 B5 sound but they seemed to base it on the overdriven sound not the normal sound. I find the EQ section really useful and also am really enjoying the synth sounds available.