1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zoom B2.1u Noise Reduction - Any Good?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Discount Saint, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Discount Saint

Discount Saint Bassist for the music in my head Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    As the title suggests .. I have a B2.1u, which I have been using for increasingly limited functions since switching to a more separate pedal type setup. Unfortunately, I have a couple of pedals with some really bad noise and feedback issues that I am trying to fix.

I was going to buy a Noise Gate (probably an NS-2).. but then I remembered that the B2.1u has the ZNR Noise Reduction feature on it, and wondered if anyone has any experience using this to suppress noise from external pedals? My thinking is that I would need to put it at the end of the chain, but the pedals themselves don't get noisy until there is a bass signal going into them (if I switch off or turn the volume down, the feedback goes away), so maybe I could keep the Zoom right after my bass?

Any opinions or advice would be good. I won't have a chance to try it out until I jam with my band tomorrow night.

2. It would likely do ok for that, my b2.1u is at the end of my chain and it does tame the noise out of the ODB-3 especially when I also use the preamp (the only sources of noise on my board).

3. ihateusernames

ihateusernames

Jun 26, 2006
    Try it and see???

It will give noise suppression as you are thinking of using it, may or may not be to your liking - trust your ears. It's a very simple noise suppression.