1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Zoom B2.1u?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassbengoa, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Yes (because...)

81.5%
  2. No (reason)

18.5%
  1. Should I get it?
    Any pros and cons?
    Other choices?

2. i hear there made at the search factory

3. That joke again... it's kinnda boring when you hear it (from you :p) like for the 2409567234 time.

I don't have much time to do a search, I've got a big exam (SAT like) next week

4. umm ok, i think its the 1st time ive ever used it... but seriously yes get it, but if you want to know why, theres alot of people more qualified than me to tell you, who have already said.

5. So worry about it after then, it's only like one of the most crucial exams you'll ever take in your life, not like it's important or anything. :D

6. :D

I wanted to post the poll to get the results when I finsish studiyng this weekend

7. Well ok... so off you go then! No sense in hanging around like a fly at a BBQ, go study and when you get done there'll be lots to read! Best of British... :D

8. Bump! I can-t believe noone has anything to say about this pedal...

Come on... some feedback here!

9. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
  10. Most living things get angry when you poke them.

Patience is a virtue - life is not a competition. Words to live by. :cool:

11. I'm getting a B2.1U for Christmas...
    I can't wait to give it a try...

12. ihateusernames

ihateusernames

Jun 26, 2006
    what exactly are you looking for? you haven't given enough information to make a suggestion one way or the other. if you're only asking is the B2.1U a good piece of gear for my purposes i'd say yes.

what do you need it to do?

13. I have my eye on it. One thing that I am debating, is that the Korg AX3000b would allow me to turn on and off the individual effects, and it is about $25 more at musiciansfriend. Both seem to get good reviews by TBers.

What I haven't really figured out is whether I really need to turn off OD chorus etc. (new to effects)

I play at church but play for our Edge service so it all very contemporary Christian Rock.

Thoughts on that?

14. ihateusernames

ihateusernames

Jun 26, 2006
    While I do miss the ability of turning on/off individual effects, it's easy to get around by saving similar patches side by side...one with [insert effect of choice], one without.

15. True.

I have a zoom 708II that I quite using because the guitarist said he could hear a lot of noise coming from it(on batteries). I could too. Ebay here it comes :D

I will have to do a search for those samples someone put up, and take a second listen.

Umm, should have looked at the posts above. DOH!!!

16. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    No, because I personally do not like multi effect units. But if you do, people around here seem to like that one.

17. I bought B2.1u 2 months ago, and I'm still happy with it. I use it mainly to "shape" my tone. I don't really care about the popular names that is being simulated by the unit, I just use the ones that I like, combine it with the EQ, and just play...

18. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
  19. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I bought it and was very excited about the possibilities until I tried to actually use it in my oedal board. Plugged into either my Onespot adaptor or a single use Boss style ac adaptor, I ended up with this really bad digital white noise in my signal chain. It got really bad when an effect was selected.

I would only reccomen one of these for headphone jamming or just goofing around at home with the drum machine. All of the effects this unit has just made me want to go buy the originals as the effect models just dont compare to the real thing.

I took mine back and bought a Fulltone Bassdrive. Much happier! A few good quality single use pedals in my opinion is much better that a cheap all in one digital modeling toy.

having said that, it was still a cool unit through headphones!

20. Mcgiver69

Mcgiver69

Sep 28, 2005
    England
    Crabby have you read the manual? it specifies that is only intended to be connected to the input jack of your amp not the effects send/return.

I bought one and haven't looked back since that, it is a real good piece of equipment and is a shame is not a proper preamp that aside is the best unit you could get without having to spend what Paris Hilton spends in clothing and booze.:D