1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Zoom B2 - is the 1/4" out really line level output?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Aug 30, 2007.

1. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Is it possible to plug into a Zoom B2 and run a patch cable from the output to a DI box and get good sound? Is the 1/4" out really headphones and line output?

2. Yes it's true, I didn't believe it either but my headphones work wonderfully with my B2.1u. And yes, you can run a DI after it. Sounds like you should have bought the .1u though, since it already has a DI output!

3. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I thought about buying the B2.1U but I already own a Hartke Bass Attack pedal. The Bass Attack has an xlr out and would work as a transparent phantom powered DI with bass, treble, and level controls. I figured I could plug my bass into the B2, patch cable the B2 output to the input on the Bass Attack, using it as a DI. I'd get the B2.1U but it's at least $60 more.

4. for $60 more you get

1) Expression Pedal and still have the ability to add a SECOND volume pedal or on/off pedal (for patch bank changes or other on/off functions, such as tap echo).
    2) DI output with ground lift and pre/post selectability
    3) USB Port for computer recording + Cubase LE software included

IMO it's a no-brainer...

I run mine on stage with the DI going to the house and the line out going to my 60W Laney amp, which I use as a fallback.

5. Puru

Puru

Mar 13, 2006
    Alachua, Florida
    It works, I've done it also.

Jhengsman likes this.