1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Zoom b2 - Sansamp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by eupharies, Aug 7, 2012.

1. eupharies

eupharies

Jul 3, 2007
    Leeds UK
    Bassist - Chasing Dragons
    Hello!

I have a zoom b2 pedal, and one of the settings is replicating a Sansamp pedal...

I must admit i love this setting and it sounds awesome, therefore i was wondering how well does it actually replicate the setting of an actual sansamp... im not sure which sansamp pedal it is suppose to be replicating but...

Im quite interested in maybe getting a sansamp now to get this tone!

2. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 GAS resistance is utterly futile... Supporting Member

Maybe I can help, at least in part. I started out on a Zoom B1 (the cheap-without-expression-pedal-plastic one) and really fell in love with its SansAmp sim. After using a few other sims, I ended up using the SansAmp sim exclusively and even used it in a pro studio environnement. It was good enough for the engineer to use on a 4-track EP in 2008 and when I listen to it now, it still sounds convincing, to my ears anyway. I still have the B1, but use it only as a rythm machine. The SansAmp PBDDI has been a pedalboard constant for me since 2009.

3. PlungerModerno

PlungerModerno

Apr 12, 2012
    Ireland
    Hi there - I have the B2.1u (same pedal, just with a pedal part and a usb out)
    The 'B8' or '18' preset IIRC is the sansamp clone - sounds decent.

You should be able to get a feel for those with a search on this site, and a good hunt online. I'll get you started:

4. eupharies

eupharies

Jul 3, 2007
    Leeds UK
    Bassist - Chasing Dragons
    Awesome cheers guys!

Im curious though, i mean what does the Sansamp have that my GK MB500 doesnt that it can produce that sound?

5. PlungerModerno

PlungerModerno

Apr 12, 2012
    Ireland
    Different stuff in it :bag:

Tech 21 aren't going to share the whole story - I guess the point is the MB 500 is a GK preamp, with a lot of GK thinking and tradition going into the design.

The sansamps are tech-21's way of selling a tube-free tube pre (try saying that out loud rapidly and repeatedly after a few) that is specialized in a few versions to deliver things like SVT and other tubey sounds.

I could give a better description if I had either... I am kinda going down this road with my head (to be got once I get my cab...) a GK mb fusion. The 500, not the 800 (they scare me too much :help:).