1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zoom B2 with switch problems?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jcoopcoyote, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Hey ya'll, anyone know what I can do about a problem with my Zoom B2. The right switch frequently doesn't work. It started as an occasional issue but now it acts up more often then not and always at the worst times. I just discovered I can use an external foot switch for the tuner/mute function, but still would like to be able to use that right switch for changing patches? It's 3 years old and I've really come to rely on it for gigs.

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

It's a cheap if good sounding unit. I'm afraid tearing is normal if you use it heavily.
    Your best option would be to buy a spare I'm affraid.

3. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    You can replace the tiny little switch inside for about $1.75. I haven't done it yet but I've had one side go bad on me twice in two years. The first time was under warranty. If I were still using it I'd look into swapping the switched out for something tougher.

4. I am having the same problem!
    In one of my new songs i go from like a stereotypical 'prawno' bass line into a rather heavy passage. It takes me 4-5 times to change it so i am getting wah in a brutal part.

5. wizay

wizay

Mar 5, 2008
    Norway
    I got the same problem too. But i dont use it live, I just have to step on in many times to switch :p

6. Ok, I see I'm not the only one with this issue. I would love to change to better switches, but not sure what to get or how to go about it? I've done some soldering on my basses but never on an effect or circuit board? At $60 - $70 per hour it's probably not worth taking to the repair shop.

7. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    If the B2 is anything like the older zooms in it's construction, they used to use surface mounted components. So there's a chance the circuit board may have sustained damage from over zealous stomping. Shouldn't have, but it's worth checking.

My old BFX708's output jack came away from the circuit board a little, and was near impossible to easily fix.

Can you back up the B2 to a PC like you can it's bigger brothers? If so for the amount of fuss it would be to fix it, I'd get a new one and transfer the settings.