1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zoom B3 delay trail.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mdorren, Oct 17, 2013.

1. mdorren

mdorren

Apr 1, 2011
    Hi,
    Love my zoom B3 but when I have a delay effect and turn the effect off with the footswitch, the delay trail abruptly stops. Is there a setting that I'm missing to be able to have my delay continue to fade while I am continuing playing without it? This is typically true of other delay pedals (IE. Boss dd-7) and I'd love to have this feature on my B3 without having to get another pedal and tap tempo solution. Thanks

2. khutch

khutch Praise Harp

Aug 20, 2011
    suburban Chicago
    I think the B3 is the same as the MS60B. All the delay and reverb effects in the MS60B have a "Tail" setting in one of their adjustment pages. Set it OFF to kill the effect immediately and ON to have it continue when the effect is turned off. I think that all you need to do is find that setting and put it to ON and you will have what you want.

3. mdorren

mdorren

Apr 1, 2011
    Thanks, I'll check that, but I think that was the first thing I checked... It would be unfortunate if the MS60b has updated firmware that they don't intend to give to the B3 users... but I digress. Thanks again

4. malleable

malleable

Nov 13, 2011
    Any reply to this question? With the delay and reverb on the B3, for example, when I step-off the effect, the effect immediately and abruptly stops, instead of letting its trail run out. is there a way to keep it going until the trail ends?

5. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
    Not that I know of. [del]Regular delay pedals[/del] analog true bypass delay pedals don't even work that way: when you turn the effect off, you are bypassing the signal. Now, the trails will still be going when you turn it back on (for delays that do trails), but a bypass is a bypass. Same principle with the Zoom effect models. If you turn off the effect, you turn off the effect.

To do what you want, where the trails continue while new notes aren't affected, I think you would need parallel signal lines with a splitter at both ends so that you can switch signal paths for new notes to a clean line while the delay line is still going through to the amp.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  6. Plenty of delay/reverb pedals do trails, doesn't the B3 have a setting for it?

7. malleable

malleable

Nov 13, 2011
    i'm not seeing the feature anywhere on the Zoom B3. i have a boss digital delay, and it keeps the trails going automatically even when the pedal is switched off ..

8. jimfist

jimfist "Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!" Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I think some delay stomps do have the feature that allows trails to spillover when it is in bypass mode. I'm not aware that the B3 allows you to do this. Not necessarily a glaring omission, but a feature that would be nice to have. It is pretty simple in practice to implement, but you have to have a parallel signal path feeding the input of the delay line, and rather than bypassing the OUTPUT stage of the echo, bypassing shuts off the INPUT stage to the echo while the un-effected (dry) parallel feed remains constant regardless of bypass state.

9. omie

omie Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Arizona
    The trail option requires a footswitch into 'control' in. Access TOTAL menu and then the CTRL SW tab.

10. jimfist

jimfist "Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!" Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    ahhh. good news!