1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Zoom B3 footswitch question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jweber76, Oct 21, 2017.

1. jweber76

jweber76

Aug 10, 2011
    Attleboro, Ma
    Hey guys, I’m a little late to the party but I just picked up a used B3. It does everything I need for light gig (no amp/DI) duties. Not thing I’d like is a momentary volume boost. Like for that one lick that needs a little bump. On my full pedalboard I’m currently using a tc electronic Spark boost. I love it because there is no ‘click on click off’ I just put my foot down for the two seconds of volume I need and step off when I’m done...
    Can this be achieved with the Zoom FS01 footswitch or will I need to use the expression pedal?
    Thanks

-John

2. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    You could use a boost effect (like 'Boost'!) on one of your positions, but after trial and error, I use a volume pedal. I'd rather not tie up a patch position when I can just use my pedal :)

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

The momentary switch could be used for this purpose on some effects but not all.
    Using the expression pedal will work much better, you can go between 2 levels at all times.

Guiseppe likes this.
  4. jweber76

jweber76

Aug 10, 2011
    Attleboro, Ma
    Thanks guys! I ended up buying both the vol/exp pedal and the momentary switch. For the price I figured I would just get both and experiment. I used the volume pedal for a few gigs then switched to the momentary for a few. I think I may go back to the volume pedal...