1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Zoom B3 Mod Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by N4860, Aug 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. N4860

N4860

Mar 28, 2017
    Kitchener
    Hi everyone,

I have been looking at doing the mods for my Zoom B3 to allow me to control scrolling through the patches and using tap tempo with an external footswitch. I searched the forum as well as the Ashbass website to see if this was answered there but I couldn't find it.

My question is that I don't need the rhythm button that is featured in the mod for the tap tempo switch and I was curious if this is required to use the tap tempo switch? Is there any value that I am not seeing to have the rhythm switch? I don't use it to begin with when I am practicing at home and the last thing I'd want is to have some random drums start playing through the PA at a show if I accidentally hit the switch.

Thanks in advance!

2. N4860

N4860

Mar 28, 2017
    Kitchener
    So I emailed Ashbass last night and in case anyone else is wondering about this question in the future, he said the rhythm button does not need to be wired in for the tap tempo. One can simply ignore all of the wiring for the rhythm switch.