1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ZOOM B3 or ZOOM B9?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by yourstruely, Jan 19, 2012.

1. yourstruely

yourstruely

Jan 19, 2012
    Hi fellow bassists!

I need some advice here, I wanna use a multi effects unit to go along with my stompboxes, so im considering the new ZOOM B3 or the old ZOOM B9. my main objective is to tweak the settings of the effects/modules on the PC so it would blend well with my stompboxes.

I can't go to the local store to test out both units because they no longer sell the B9 and the B3 is not out yet! Thanks in advance!

2. From what I've been able to read up on it, it looks like it is aimed more at using in conjunction with other stompboxes, though works just as well as a stand-alone. You might PM xikbastard about it as he already has one and could answer this better for you.

3. yourstruely

yourstruely

Jan 19, 2012
    alrighty, thanks for the info man!

4. xikbastard

xikbastard

May 7, 2007
    Singapore
    if u want something to drop into a pedalboard and play well with other stompboxes i reckon the B3 is it. while B9 is great and has lotsa feature its huge!! B9 is the pedalboard

both sounds the same, USB to tweak whatever on yer PC, etc..etc.. just different UI, form factor and build for different purposes.

5. Rune Bivrin

Rune Bivrin Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Huddinge, Sweden
    One big difference is that the B9.2ut uses the MIDI interface for editing. So stupid it hurts, and a real pain to setup.

Also, I keep mixing up which direction in the application is which. So I'm just as likely to send stuff TO the B9 when I want to retrieve the settings and vice versa.

6. xikbastard

xikbastard

May 7, 2007
    Singapore
    B3 uses USB, its so much easier and cheaper than getting the midi-usb cable to use with the pc.