1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zoom B3 Parametric EQ.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mike M., Feb 24, 2013.

1. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    Got the Zoom B3 (thanks again Spector Detector!) and am really liking the possibilities. Before I get too fancy I'm trying to zero in on one good sound to use at church next Sunday. I also plan on using the line out to the PA. Right now I'm using the GK 800RB with the SWR 4X10 model (very puncy with the headphones) and am also using a just a touch of compression with the M Comp model. So far so good.

The parametric EQ, specifically the ParaEQ....never used a parametric EQ before, so this is brand new to me. Last night was the first time I experimented with it and while I can hear the possibilities and the benefit's I fully admit that I'm not quite grasping it and can see how a newbie like me could get a bit lost.

What I'm trying to do is to thicken up the higher end of things a bit because that's the range that seems to get lost in the church we play at. There's 3 other bass players at church and I've always noticed that while the low end comes thru fine, the "guts" and "punch" of the higher end seems to disappear regardless of who's playing.

So I guess I'm looking for a few tips from those with the B3 who are using the ParaEQ model in order to make the best of it. If it helps, I play either a Fender 4 or 5 string American Standard Jazz bass depending on the song list. Settings on the ParaEQ are:

Freq 1: 100Hz
    Q1: 2
    Gain 1: 1
    Freq 2: 250Hz
    Q2: 2
    Gain 2: -2
    Level: 96.

So far I have noticed a helpful differance but again, just trying to understand it better.

Thanks in advance.