1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zoom B3 - the big thread

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by iSteen, Mar 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. iSteen

iSteen

Mar 29, 2012
    Denmark
    I have a B3, and over all I like it.
    Most patches I find useless, and the same with many of the stompboxes and amp emulators.
    I will put up some of my favorites when I get to know the thing a little better, but it would be great for everyone who owns a B3 (or planning to get one) to gather information about the thing in one thread (if it hasn't already been done).

What patches do you use, or have you made up your own...and what are they?

2. .
    Many of my patches, as well as those of many other guys are here: Zoom B3 Patch Ideas thread

(The Search function is your friend! ;) )

Crystalman85 and iSteen like this.
  3. iSteen

iSteen

Mar 29, 2012
    Denmark
    Thanks mate. Do you only use patches or individual fx too?
    I like the Big Muff and a Wha (not at the same time), but not really a lot more the B3 can offer

4. .
    Mine are all Patches that I set and forget.
    I like the amp and cab sims, as well as the compressors and EQ variants.

5. Murdoc_420

Murdoc_420

Jan 20, 2016
    Colorado
    Alright, was just listening to some Little Dragon (female singer from gorillaz) and realized that a sound I would love to try and get for looping is something like a Miramba, Vibraphone or xylophone

Right at 0:40 there's a little run of high notes... and at 1:15. I think it's the keys, but I don't wanna play keys :D
    Maybe a synth combined with chorus/flanger???

Doesn't have to be exact but kind of a round bubbly higher pitch.

Too late to mess around tonight but figured I'd post and see if anyone has any ideas.

6. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Man, marimba tones, eh? Maybe with a bass you could do natural harmonics, pitched down an octave, and then scooped out so that it's tons of bass with a dash of highs, with mids only enough to identify the note. I don't think of marimba sounds as being conventionally "round" sounding for some reason. And harmonics just have that pure bell tone unlike most fretted notes.