1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zoom b9.1ut vs Boss gt-10b

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by faiz0802, Apr 9, 2010.

1. faiz0802

faiz0802

Mar 24, 2009
    London, UK
    I am very confused among these two... Could anyone who's used both or either help me out with the pros and cons? Also, I'm also very interested in getting a Looper, but I think these two have that. Does anybody know what the specs are for the loop function?

Also, by the end of this month, or by next month mid i'll buy one, and i'm fairly new to effects, so would it be a good idea if I invested in a Boss RC50 Loop Station as well? Pros/Cons/Comparisions would really really help. VERY Hard-earned/slowly accumulated money hangin in the balance here lol... Other viable alternatives if any, would work too... Also, this is a one time investment, so I'm going for the biggest fish I can catch..

Thanks.

2. davkane

davkane Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Chicago
    I have the Zoom b9.1ut, and it has a looper, but it is not very useful. It is extremely short, maybe a few seconds?

Do not know anything about the boss.

I have a line6 M9 that has a very useful looper, maybe 30 seconds and you can slow it down and reverse it, as well as add effects to separate tracks (but it you were thinking about going that way I would buy a m13 for that added functionality)...

3. bertrand TB

bertrand TB

Apr 10, 2010
    Dunkirk
    I have the B9.1ut: looper is too short:5.4 seconds and its use is not easy. Take a look here for futher informations:http://www.zoom.co.jp/archive/English_Manual/E_B91ut.pdf.
    B9.1ut is very good,It corresponds to what I like about this type of material ..... but not its function looper.

frogjumpb. Thx to google translation:smug:

4. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    I've had both, and though the Boss has more parameters and settings than you could ever dream of, it always sounded extremely dry, digital and just plain bad.
    The Zoom on the other hand, though not having quite as many tweaks, I thought sounded much, much better. Still not as good as stand alone stomp boxes, but very usable.
    Of course, I'm sure there are lots of folks who swear by the GT-10B, so YMMV.

5. PyroJoke

PyroJoke

Feb 16, 2011
    Kharkov Ukraine
    Faiz,

Have you got any of the devices?
    I'm interesting in question of this thread, so interesting know did you get the device and if yes, what do you think about it.

6. Darknut

Darknut

Apr 4, 2009

There are some effects that sound a bit digital with the GT10b but its def not dry sounding ... Your GT must of had a problem.

I like Zoom stuff & I don't think they sound better or worse overall that the Boss stuff.... depends on the effect.