Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zoom BFX-708 Patches? Anyone got any?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Totengraber, Aug 22, 2000.

1. I just got the Zoom BFX-708 Bass effects pedal. It seems like you could dial in just about anything to sound like anyone, but I'm kinda lazy. So I wondered if anyone has saved any patches that sound like any particular bassist or maybe just a cool sounding effect? If so, could you post the settings? I have a few and when I get home, I'll post them if anyone is interested.

2. ashers27

ashers27

Aug 24, 2000
    Thanks

3. ashers27

ashers27

Aug 24, 2000
    n/t

4. I actually like it quite a bit. I just play at home, so couldn't say how it would do at a gig or anything. I do find it's kind of a pain to get to the patches you want when you need them, but I've saved the ones I customized all next to one another so I only have to hit the pedals a couple of times.

I do have one patch I think sounds a lot like Cliff Burton, but not only does the patch change the sound, but the volume/tone controls on my bass changes it alot, too.

When I get home, I'll post the ones I have.

5. NukeBass

NukeBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Cornelius, NC
    I generally just use the vintage distortion and some low end eq on the second patch.

I have a question too :) Have you (or anyone) tried to make it detune? I was playing with the detune effect and can't get it to stop producing the original tone so that I would be able to drop 1/2 a step without actually retuning my bass (I'm lazy). What I wind up getting is a minor second, but I read somewhere where the pedal could be used to detune the guitar. Anybody know where I'm messing up?

Thanks

6. sbassett

sbassett

Apr 2, 2000
    I have gigged twice with my Zoom 708, so this is based on only limited experience. I use 4 patches regularly, and I moved them so that they are in sequence, making it very easy to find and switch between them. They are just stock patches that came pre-programmed into the device. I like having it on a gig because it doubles (triples?) as an effects pedal, volume pedal, and tuner. In fact, I use the "stereo" output to feed a Radio Shack Y-Adapter and separately feed two fairly small combo amps. I don't know if any of the patches I use regularly are actually "stereo", but some of the other pre-programmed patches do have a stereo effect and I have experimented with them for an interesting sound. Overall, I really like it (including the built-in rhythm loops for practicing).

7. chocomelle

chocomelle

Aug 30, 2004
    So I wondered if anyone has saved any patches that sound like any particular bassist or maybe just a cool sounding effect? If so, could you post the settings? I have a few and when I get home, I'll post them if anyone is interested.

...bit late, so I guess you already found these websites:
    http://www.grower.cz/bfx/
    http://www.geocities.com/bfx_708/english/index.htm

I still have to upload mine...you got some interestin' ones?

8. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    We have been trying to get everybody to upload samples of their effects pedals and units. There are some cool samples already. Check it out. Here is the thread: Pedal sample thread

BTW, there are a couple of samples of the BFX-708 already there.