Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zoom BFX-708

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Figjam, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I am looking for a multi effects pedal. Let me first say MONEY IS A FACTOR, I HAVE BARELY ANY. So i need to buy a pedal under.. 75 dollars on ebay. I came across this one. Ihave heard the chorus is really good on it.. and the flanger is good too. Mostly im looking for this for the chorus and delay. I alreayd have a good wah and overdrive pedal, so i wouldnt be using the ones on here. What do you think of this pedal, FOR THE PRICE?

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    for the money it's good. It's not as solid as a digitech bp200, but IMO sounds better. The 708 has plastic buttons so won't stand up to heavy live use. But if you're using it at home, it should be fine. If using live, be careful with it.

3. For the price I think they are a good value unit. What I like about it is; Most of the effects are OK sounding and pretty usable, especially the octaver which I found to track really well, and it has a good built in tuner which accurately tracks down to my low B. The drum machine sounds great too, but it's too loud and I can't turn it down enough to hear my bass properly, even on it's lowest setting , it's far too loud. On the down side also, as mentioned, you need to be careful as it's made of plastic and isn't very strong. The footpedal is pretty useless as it's travel is too short and the ratio too abrupt. I believe the connector jacks are mounted directly to the printed circuit board too, which is not very good idea as it only takes a clumsy foot on the input leads or an anomyous vacuum cleaner user bumping it to stuff up the connection and cause intermittent operation. Apart from that, it's reliable and it has a good selection of drum samples to jam along with.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hmm yea, ive been readings reviews in alot of places and all of em mention how easily it breaks, and how bad the pedal is.. so idk.