Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zoom BFX-708

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jimothy, Dec 12, 2001.

1. jimothy

jimothy

Dec 12, 2001
    taylors sc
    Anybody have any opinions of the Zoom BFX-708? Many say bass effects are only used to cover-up amatuer, sloppy playing...whatever.

2. phil_chew

phil_chew

Mar 22, 2000
    Asia
    For the price, this is a good multieffects pedal to have. Some of the effects are nice, especially the chorus effects. With the built-in drums, it is great for practice. It cannot compare with more professional equipment, but hey, if you are on a tight budget, go for this.

3. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
  4. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    yes yes yes, it adds fun to the tanglewood

5. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    hey man, if ya wanna show off your tanglewood, over in the states they call it a cort....so...yeh, just sayin !

6. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    tangelwood has a nicer ring to it, and not every one on this site is from the states. do the basses look the same tangelwood/cort/tanglewood/cort??

7. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    i really dont know....too high end for me ;)

8. The zoom pedals do great things for a cort. I have a 506 II and cort performer and u put some octave, edge distortion and compression on it and u get the nicest tone. I'd love to see what that can do for a stingray or jazz.

9. my opinion that anything zoom is pretty much completely worthless.