1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zoom BFX-708

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassmanNate, Oct 23, 2010.

1. BassmanNate

BassmanNate

Apr 10, 2006
    So, I put down my Bass POD pro (yes, I know it's old) and picked up my BFX-708 (yes, I know it's even older) the other day and was struck with how much more life it has in it that the Line6! In comparison, the POD sounds over processed and one dimensional.

The only problem I have with the Zoom pedal is the construction. When I was in high school, I had to have one of the jacks replaced. The dealer I bought it from was nice enough to do it for free because it was obvious that I hadn't abused it in any way. Because the jacks are soldered directly to the PCB, they tend to break off fairly easily. I decided it would be nice to take it out of the original housing and build a nicer metal housing and replace the jacks with surface mount jacks.

The only problem seems to be the knobs. I can't seem to figure out how to get them off so I can get the PCB out of the case! I've removed all the screws and it looks as though they are the last piece of the puzzle. Anyone ever taken one of these apart before that could tell me how to get the knobs off intact?