1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Zoom/Boss/Digitech multi effects question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Midas, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Midas

Midas

Sep 7, 2007
    Germany
    Endorsed by LeFay basses Notable Members Current Visitors Recent Activity New Profile Posts Rules/FAQ Giveaways
    Hi! I would like to know if any of the arround multi effect pedals can provide this: The uneffected sound (bypass) and simply on/off of an effect with ONE kick. Effect on=kick, off(bypass) =one kick.
    I like my uneffected sound as the standard sound and don't want to have one out of the effect board. So all I want is a multi effect board that functions like a single efect just with different effects.

2. CaptainTuna

CaptainTuna

May 13, 2011
    You could do that with my Zoom B2. The B2 has like 40 editable user "patches", where a patch is a set of effects. You then have 2 stomp switches, the first makes the pedalboard switch to the previous patch and the other one switches to the next patch.

If you place a patch with your effects right next (after or before, won't matter) a patch set to no effects you'd get what you're looking for. Of course though, to switch back to your effects patch you'd have to press the other stomp switch.

The B2 lets you also completely bypass the signal, but you have to do that by pressing both switches at once but that may be a little more complicated if you have to while playing.

UPDATE:

Manual also says that if you connect an external footswitch you can bypass the B2 by pressing it.

3. bigswifty1

bigswifty1

Dec 8, 2011
    I don't think you can have a Zoom 2.1 patch without an amp simulation? So
    I don't think that would give a bypass. In my case, my opinion is that my 2.1u's bypass is horrible.

To achieve what the OP is asking, I use a Boss Ls2 line selector, works perfectly.

Mike

4. CaptainTuna

CaptainTuna

May 13, 2011
    I just made one with 0 effects!

5. B3 too. You just set your patch up to have the effects off whent he patch is called up.

6. Midas

Midas

Sep 7, 2007
    Germany
    Endorsed by LeFay basses Notable Members Current Visitors Recent Activity New Profile Posts Rules/FAQ Giveaways
    Thanks for your answers!
    Concerning the B3...that would mean I patch less because it would be the "off" patch?

7. The Zoom B3 saves however you last left the patch. It really wouldn't matter as long as you set the patch you want before the song. If you left it on last time click it off if you don't have that effect on at the start of the song. Or if you need that effect on at the begining of the song and you left it off, stomp it. Each of the 3 slots (can be effect, or amp model even though I know you aren't interested in that) has their own stomp switch. I have found that I use a couple of effects in a few different songs, but not all 3 at once. So I have one patch that gets in 3 songs.

8. Just don't go with the Zoom B1, since in order to bypass it, you have to press on both buttons at the same time, which is a total pain in the butt.

For the extra money, I suggest you get something better (The B1's only 60 bucks brand new)

9. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    If you're debating on a zoom and a digitech processor, I have sound samples of the zoom b2.1u and the digitech bp355 on my soundclick website. here's the link.

www.soundclick.com/crystalman85

I also have sound samples of some other multi-effects processors like the deltalab dbfx1, a line 6 bass floor pod, a rocktron utopia b100 and a korg "toneworks" ax3000b. feel free to check them out.

10. alkanetexe

alkanetexe

Nov 30, 2010
    Texas
    I have a Line 6 Bass Floor Pod; its setup is such that you can have a completely unaffected tone with the option to turn amp sim, stompbox, modulation, and verb/delay on or off, as you said, with one hit.