1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zoom H1 / Iphone / Ireal pro or youtube upright bass recording

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by djc03006, May 3, 2019.

1. djc03006

djc03006

Apr 4, 2011
    Hi,

Wondering if anyone else had a similar setup - looking to record my upright bass while playing along with ireal pro or youtube. Iphone runs the ireal or youtube, and is connected to a set of speakers. The zoom H1 sits right there but I don't find myself using it as much as I'd wish.

I think if it was easier to track the audio files through the iphone and I could save these files on the iphone/cloud as they are recorded this would help. I have an IPAD as well if the iphone isn't a great option.

Thanks!

2. AFAIK iReal Pro allows audio recordings! The H1 can be used as an audio interface. You only need the pricy (about 50,-) camera connection kit from apple to connect the H1 to the iPad or iPhone. You still have to decide if the inbuild mics of the H1 are sufficient to record your bass.

You would simply mute the bass in the backing track and record yourself:

[​IMG]

3. djc03006

djc03006

Apr 4, 2011
    Great point, thank you very much for the helpful tips, will look for the apple connection kit.