1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zoom H2 and SD cards

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Youngspanion, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Youngspanion

Youngspanion Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    I have a zoom H2 recorder and It has a 512 MB SD card in it. It records only 47 minutes of time. Now can I get a larger card and get more recording time? Or is there a way to changes settings and get more out of it? Like a digital camera. Changing the quality of the photo lets you get more or less photo space.

2. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    Yes ... select menu, then recording format and then select one of the MP3 formats ... 128 and above give decent results for sound quality ... and will GREATLY increase the recording time. With a 2 gb card at 128 I can put a couple of DAYS on a card.

3. Zombbg4

Zombbg4

Jul 15, 2008
    Olympia,Wa
    Yea it's pretty easy. The highest format, on my H4 anyway, they say is CD quality. You can go less and less all the way to MP3 where you have tons of recording time. Take a look at the manual if you haven't, should explain it all pretty well.

I also suggest buying a 2gb card. They're cheap and gives you much more space.