1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Zoom MRS-1608

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by eupharies, Aug 23, 2012.

1. eupharies

eupharies

Jul 3, 2007
    Leeds UK
    Bassist - Chasing Dragons
    Hello

I bought on of these second hand and it works fine but, i seem to have misplaced the wire that connects the unit to my laptop, and it seems to be a weird one...

Does anyone know what it is?

Thanks Ant

2. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I'm gonna guess you'll find your answer here. http://www.samsontech.com/support/search/?q=mrs+1608

If not, call and ask them the exact model number, then put a search in on ebay. You can usually find compatable cables made in china for a few bucks.

Warning: Be careful when dealing with zoom customer service. They will rake you over the coals if given the opportunity, and things will not happen in a timely manner.

3. eupharies

eupharies

Jul 3, 2007
    Leeds UK
    Thanks for that! Im still confused though, as from the manual it seems from the zoom unit you have a midi out to midi in then going to a midi interface, and then i assume a midi out to usb going to my laptop...

But... can i not just go directly from theZoom unit to my laptop or?

4. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I'm not at all familiar with that unit, but if it's an older one you may have to buy a midi to usb converter cable.

Just did a quick search and can't believe they're giving these things away now... they used to be like $60. http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Converter-Music-Keyboard-Window/dp/B0017H4EBG

Anyhow, not sure if that's what you're looking for, but thought I'd give it a go. Now I don't have to help an old lady cross the street today. :)

5. eupharies

eupharies

Jul 3, 2007
    Leeds UK
    Yeh it doesnt have a usb slot so i assume i do that, then download the appropriate software!

Awesome, cheers dude, and now now you should still help her across. but just leave her in the middle :)