1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Zoom MRS-4

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Steve Cat, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Steve Cat

Steve Cat

Mar 19, 2001
    Anyone had any experience with this digital 4 track recorder, price is right at $239

2. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Our drummer bought one about a month ago. It makes things real easy for us. We only use it to help us work out parts. The quality isn't there to produce a demo or anything. We make a recording. He gives me the Smart Media card and I burn it to disc. I have a card reader on my desk (for a digital camera I own) that uses the same cards. We use the software from Zoom to do the conversion (Zoom format to .wav). After seeing how slick and easy this thing is to work I sold my old tape based 4 track on ebay. All boils down to what you want to do with it. For us, it's a great tool.

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    whats the quality of the sound like on it. Doesn't it have a usb port on it so u wouldn't need a card reader if it was your. Do you need to buy the zoom power supply or do most others fit it?