Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zoom MRS-4

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Steve Cat, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Steve Cat

Steve Cat

Mar 19, 2001
    Anyone had any experience with this digital 4 track recorder, price is right at $239

2. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Our drummer bought one about a month ago. It makes things real easy for us. We only use it to help us work out parts. The quality isn't there to produce a demo or anything. We make a recording. He gives me the Smart Media card and I burn it to disc. I have a card reader on my desk (for a digital camera I own) that uses the same cards. We use the software from Zoom to do the conversion (Zoom format to .wav). After seeing how slick and easy this thing is to work I sold my old tape based 4 track on ebay. All boils down to what you want to do with it. For us, it's a great tool.

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    whats the quality of the sound like on it. Doesn't it have a usb port on it so u wouldn't need a card reader if it was your. Do you need to buy the zoom power supply or do most others fit it?