[ZOOM MS-60B] How do I bypass this pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Woony90, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Woony90

Woony90

Feb 6, 2017
    the foot switch only turns off one of the effects in the patch and won't turn off the pedal compeletely.

I need a option to bypass this pedal quickly when I need to.

How do you guys do it?

I know I can assign an empty patch in between the sets but I like having footsiwtch to be able to turn a single effect on/off too.

If I assign Sets, foot switch will cycle me through sets and not turn on/off single effect right?

2. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Vegas
    Put the "Line Selector" effect first in the patch and have that one on the screen, which will bypass everything after it when you stomp.

Or, yes, if you assign A, B, C to a list of patches it'll cycle through those, so one of them can be all bypass (or just noisegate and compressor, or whatever your base signal comprises).

nelldnine and Bassmike62 like this.

3. I tried both of these and it works fine.
    For now though, I'm looping the MS60B through a Saturnworks pedal and that's probably the best way I found how to use it. Everything is sent through a Boss LS-2, so when the effect is on, I always a dry signal ensuring low-end integrity. A cheap alternative to using 2 amps :).

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  4. mrufino1

mrufino1

Aug 2, 2005
    Nutley, NJ
    I'm about to put mine in a loop with a Saturn works pedal as well, but you can also set the tuner to be a bypass (rather than muting the signal)

nelldnine, Bassmike62 and andruca like this.
  5. Once I have all my bits and bites together my MS60b will be in a separate loop and MS100bt in another.

Bassmike62 likes this.
  6. You can change the tuner from mute to bypass within the menu.

Means you can hold the switch for a second and it just basses everything. Might work for you, might not.

archtop2 and andruca like this.
  7. Woony90

Woony90

Feb 6, 2017
    Oh yea Im actually doing the exact thing. But I hate the fact that I have to hold down for 1 second.

8. There's no way round that; there's only so many usable functions one switch can do...

It's a viable solution as long as what you're doing isn't time critical. Even then, i reckn I could probably perfect the timing of it. How hard could it be?

Winton likes this.
  9. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022