1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zoom MS100BT - is anyone else using one with Bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dandman, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Greetings!
    I got one of these MS100BT pedals for my bass rig. My primary interest is in using it as a compressor/limiter. I'd REALLY like to use it as an independent two channel comp, so I can use different settings for hi & lo in a biamp arrangement. I've seen the dual channel tremolo effect, so I know that the pedal is capable of 2 channel processing, I just haven't found a way to do this with compressors,

Has anyone else tried this?

Beyond that, for anyone that has one, what is your preferred compressor effect?

Dan

2. ryansalmond

ryansalmond

Nov 21, 2007
    Canada
    It is awesome on bass! Though I mainly use it for guitar.
    No way to do two separate compressors out separate outputs yet, unless they make a new duo-comp.

3. I'm very pleased with as well. I'm wondering if anyone on this forum knows someone on the development / programming side of Zoom?
    Is Zoom the only one writing the effects programs for these pedals? I'm guessing it isn't very difficult to create a two channel comp program, it's likely just a matter of getting the request into the hands of the right individual. Now if only I knew who that individual was...
    (I'd even give it a go on my own if I could access the firmware or programming code)

4. ryansalmond

ryansalmond

Nov 21, 2007
    Canada
    Well, that would be awesome. As of now I believe there's just the zoom support email address... Info@zoom.co.jp I think.

5. waveman

waveman

Sep 25, 2008
    It will probably be fine for something like that. I have a few patches reserved for bass as a backup. But the MS60-B for most other things is much more suited for Bass than the BT100 IMO. I have both.

6. May I ask why you prefer the MS60B for bass?

7. ryansalmond

ryansalmond

Nov 21, 2007
    Canada
    He must mean the built in effects.

8. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    the 100bt is great though much of the stuff you would want for bass you will need to buy. It comes with like 70 built in pedals. I bought and downloaded like 50 or so pedals for $50 so this digital pedal has 131 models in it, which is ridiculous

9. I'm currently running mine as a comp & chorus. I also loaded mine with all the bass amp models & efx. While the DuoComp is sorta two channel, it lacks attack & release parameters.
    I'm still hoping to see a true two ch/effect signal path update for this thing.
    (For my bi-amp rig, I would like to run Ch.1 (hi) comp & chorus & Ch.2 (low) comp only.)