Zoom pedal input jack?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by complexprocess, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Hey all,
    I've had a zoom bfx 708 for a while, and I use it for headphone practice. Unfortunately, I've been having a problem with the input jack. Sometimes the sound cuts out and i have to jiggle my instrument cable until it starts working again, and then hold it in that position (usually with my foot). Anyone else had this problem with a zoom? I'm suspecting the plastic jack is to blame. Got a fix that's worked for you on your zoom pedal (any model). Mind sharing? Thanks a heap. :)
  2. Raman

Feb 19, 2003
    Montreal, Qc
    In my experience, most electronic gadgets break at the input/output jacks first. It's usually the soldering that gives, so the pieces seperate and come in contact alternatively when you wiggle your cable.

Just open the unit up and see if that's the case. If so, you can simply solder it back with an iron and some lead.
  3. IN the input there is a bent peice of metal that contacts the plug when you connect. These get pushed back after lots of use and dont make contact anymore. I used an awl to reach in and bend back the contact toward the middle so that it would make reliable contact again on mine. good luck
  4. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I have repaired both the in and out jacks on mine. The solder connections crack at the board and can easily be soldered. This should take care of your problem.