1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Zoom Question Part 2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by progmanjum, Aug 17, 2012.

1. progmanjum

progmanjum

Feb 17, 2009
    What other pedals do you use with your Zoom, and why?
    Thanks!!

2. >Boss GE7B cuz of the Eq points and what it does from my fretless
    >[sfx] AY2 excellent mid range filter for copping vintage tones
    >EHX Bass Balls cuz as neat as the Zoom envelope followers are it ain't a Bass Balls
    >Hjart Muller Lo|Fat (Moody Sounds) cuz analog just sounds crunchier
    > GGG BrassMaster clone
    >Akai UniBass cuz it sounds more "guitar" but I use the pitch shifter and octaver a lot on the Zoom

3. Currently working on my pedals... but atm...
    bass>polytune>mole>bbm>qballs>b3>amp

The tuner at the beginning of the chain helps me mute my sound whenever I want to tune (although a volume with tuner out may be in my future) and I'm not really sure why the b3 doesn't have a mute function... I hate having to hold the tuner switch, the mole I'm on the fence about but it was cheap, the bbm for the basic muff fuzz a little better than the muff sounds in the pedal, and the qballs is better than the envelope filters included in the pedal. I didn't care of the Z-Tron sound, the autowah is ok but it doesn't have a lot of depth. The pedals help me free up the b3 for other sounds which is pretty cool. More dirt and other gas fodder in my future.