Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ZOOM???????

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nirvanafan13, Nov 19, 2000.

1. nirvanafan13

nirvanafan13

Apr 14, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hey fellow effects lovers..

I have been looking recently at wahs and bass processors. One processor that looked pretty good and was cheap was the Zoom 506II(?)bass effects processor.. PLEASE help me out here and i would REALLY like it if you would reply to this before tuesday. Also, if there is any other pedal or processor that you strongly reccomend that is about $175 or less, please write that too. If you need my email address, it is fuel1113@hotmail.com Thanks,
    Evan

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Get your SansAmp Bass Driver DI first. Search for threads on it.

3. I was just about to post a thread about the ZOOM 506...

I´m going to buy it... has anyone tried it and have some info?

4. i wouldnt recommend the zoom 506......the main problem is it takes a while to change effects. you cant change your effect in real time, which can be a big nuisence. other than that i never fully tried out the pedal, so i cant give you any more info than that.

5. nirvanafan13

nirvanafan13

Apr 14, 2000
    Austin, TX
    the_bass, i bought the pedal a few weeks ago and i am satisfied. i like it a lot, and i also tried out the Dod bass processor (i don't know the exact name) , but it was supposed to be a lot better pedal but i like the zoom a LOT more.. i would reccomend it.. Evan

6. enderbass14

enderbass14

Sep 28, 2000
    I really want the Zoom 506 II Bass multi-effects pedal also. Mars Music is having a pretty big sale and this is one of the things that caught my eye. I am going to ask for it for Christmas from my parents. I think that nirvanafan13 (I love nirvana) should get it. All the reviews I have heard about the 506 II say the effects change quickly, but I haven't tried it yet and would like to know any other opinions. Thanks. E-mail me at enderbass14@hotmail.com with any questions, or comments. Thanks.

7. enderbass14

enderbass14

Sep 28, 2000
    I was just going to ask nirvanafan: do you think the expression pedal the manual suggests is neccessary in using the Zoom 506 II? Thanks, I don't have an expression pedal and was wondering how many effects require it.

8. I called my parents today and asked them to buy a christmas present for me... that´s right... the zoom 506 II bass! :D

and there was a review on it on a newspaper here!! if there´s anything related to music in it then it´s about some boybands or opera usually... but there it was.. the zoom effect!! :) well.. technically it was the 505 II guitar... :p

anyway, i´ll probably get it for x-mas.. otherwise I´ll just buy it myself...

9. just let it be known, that i have the Zoom BFX-708, the more "deluxe" version of the 506 i guess. its basicly the same thing, wiht a drum machine, and built in expression pedal, and bigger LED display. Anyways, i guess i'm not much of a bass effects fan, but i love guitar effects. so i plug my guitar into it, and its working pretty good. but then suddenly, the connects start going in and out. its like theres a loose connection in there. so it goes in and out. Major bummer, cause i loved using the wammy pedal effect with a mic (exellent for halloween, scaring the little people with a sub-low voice) but anyways, i've had mine for less than a year, and i know its not dust in there, i know its not the cable, i know its the connectors. when it goes out, i gotta nudge it, so that it will work again. just letting you know, the connectors suck! a lot! so be warned that just cause it looks stirdy, doesnt mean it is. the connectors have basicly crapped out.

10. nirvanafan13

nirvanafan13

Apr 14, 2000
    Austin, TX
    enderbass14,

The expression pedal is not at all needed in my opinion, plus you can only use it on about 4 effects that i am aware of, and if you set it on the setting that you use it on, it will mimic the pedal being turned on and off automatically, as if you were "rocking" the expression pedal... I hope that answered your question.. thanks for replying to my post,
    Evan

11. enderbass14

enderbass14

Sep 28, 2000
    Hey nirvanafan: thanks for the expanation! And your welcome for replying.