Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

zoom506II

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by basstime, Jul 9, 2001.

1. basstime

basstime

Jun 24, 2001
    trying to find the settings for the perfect "fretless" sound out of this beast..any suggestions????
    thanks!

2. buy a fretless... thats the only way for that thing

3. TheFrizzleFry

TheFrizzleFry Guest

Nov 21, 2000
    Stinktown, Pa, USA
    I like the fretless effect, gives it a kinda classical feel. But yeah, your not going to get the true fretless sound without a true fretless. It can't make your frets disappear.

4. I bought one of these a few weeks ago, and I'm still trying to sort out which sounds I like. All I know is that effect B1 is horrible! It also seems to me that some of the effects are almost duplicates of each other. I've read both threads on this thing, and it seems that no one has mastered it yet. I guess you just have to experiment with it. The tuner is a nice option though.

More tomorrow.
    Mike J.

5. TheFrizzleFry

TheFrizzleFry Guest

Nov 21, 2000
    Stinktown, Pa, USA
    It's all about experimentation, man. It doesn't take much. And with some work that "B1" effect sounds cool, you can lay out some freaky solo with it. It sounds better run through an effects loop if you have one. And yeah it has a sweet tuner. And you can even tune a guitar with it. It picks up the really high notes. It's a fun little toy to mess around with.

6. Something else I've noticed, is that an effect might sound bad to you while you're playing by yourself, but when you try it with your band it might actually sound perfect. I just found that out at our last practice...So before you dismiss an effect try it out with your band first.

7. that can also work the other way around

8. Actually in the past nine days I sat down with the 506II and had a long talk with it. (I actually threatened it) I took my time to carefully read the owner's manual, which I think is written badly, and now I'm getting some O.K. sounds out of it. I haven't tried linking any effects yet, but, that's the next thing to experiment with. I think I'm going to buy one of those Nathan East boxes. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks for responding,
    Mike J.