Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ZULA BASS, Opinions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by truckin88, Jan 28, 2005.

1. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    Anyone ever hear of them, made by mcknight guitar company (MGC) have good reviews at harmony central, they are funky looking. Some are fretless, some come with a string mute? anyways MGC has been clearing them out really cheap lately, what do you guys think? I was thinking of buying one and swapping pickups with some seymour duncan p/j combo.

http://www.mcknightguitarcompany.com/catatlog2.html

2. OK, I'm not saying I can do better, but you're asking for opinions, & I hate when no one responds to my posts. Even sarcasm is better than silence, but I'll be sincere now: It looks to me like it was made out of an oddly-shaped scrap. It may sound & play fine, but that shape hurts my ears.

3. Well IMHO the headstock matches the body very well.
    Take that in any way you like. :)
    Dirk

4. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Very interesting, I actually like it.... But then again, I liked it the first time when it was the Zeta Crossover... <A HREF ="http://www.zetamusic.com/products/images/pb304mhb.jpg">Here</A>

5. how much are they?Any fretless versions? Where are they made?

6. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    you can snatch them brand new for about 150-170 (shipped) from phil mcknight directly off ebay. I just got one, fretless and string mute are alittle more. I just got a normal one, I have some duncan p/j's I will swap in if the pups suck, I mean for the price worth taking a chance to see how they are, won''t be my mainbass just a toy. I found out about them around a year or so ago, they were going for about 300-450 then. I think that MGC is in some $$$ trouble now from what I read somewhere.