Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Zvex in the UK

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fenderbassabuse, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Right now I need a really ott fuzz, that keeps bottom end, but is also really thick. Would I be correct into guessing that a wooly mammoth would be a good idea? If so where could I get one from in the UK, that is near london (preferably)

Many thanks

2. Funkzfly

Funkzfly

Jun 15, 2005
    Near London? I don't think there is any...go to www.zvex.com to check for dealers. There's Mansons that I know of (Devon i think), and they're all expensive.

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

This pedal isn't for everyone. You really want to try it before buying.

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Sounds Great Music in Manchster

5. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    There is a shop on Denmark st that carries the zvex range - you definitely need to try before you buy. I got one and promptly sold it in favour of my old RAT.

6. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Http://www.musicground.com are the London ZVex dealer.

When I've bought stuff from http://www.soundsgreat.com they've given me 48 hours to decide to keep it or not. If you return it in mint condition they'll refund you. This way you can try it with your gear. Ring them and ask for Rick. Check the return period and you are good to go.

7. Cool cheers guys. Slightly off topic, but what does a Proco rat sound like on bass? is it really thick and dirty (similar to hysteria by muse but maybe a little less)? I have been tempted by one for a while and may be the answer to my quest. How about an EHX double muff?

8. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    My impressions of the Woolly Mammoth were that it's somewhat industrial sounding - definitely an ugly fuzz. For my needs I prefer a Russian EH Big Muff, which are available all over the place and vary masses in 'quality' so some are better suited to bass than others. The Big Muff does those funk fuzz tones nicely as well as producing that obscene dirty roar which takes things up a notch from my Fulltone BassDrive at full blast.

Alex

9. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    The mammoth sounds pretty close to that IMO.