Zvex Machine With Active Basses

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by P.Niggz, Feb 17, 2010.

1. P.Niggz

P.Niggz

Apr 12, 2009
    Leeds
    Hey Guys,

Can someone give me their opinion on whether or not the Machine, like the mammoth, sounds horrid when used with an active bass. I really want to buy one but I can't afford to take the risk of it sounding crap.

If it helps I'd be using it after a Blackstar DUAL pedal, and possibly a T-Rex Bass Juice either before or after it, whatever sounds better.

I searched the forum and found one thread where someone said it was better sounding on his passive than his active but doesn't go into any detail really. I'm wanting to use it more as a weird effect than a distortion but at the same time don't want it to make things sound weak.

If the case is it doesn't sound that great is there a mod can be done to make these pedals work with actives? Dunno much about these sort of things I'm afraid. :/

- Paul

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021