1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zvex Octane III

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cameric, Aug 31, 2008.

1. cameric

cameric

Dec 31, 2007
    Yeah, I did the search, one comment saying it lost a bit o' bottom.

But I'm really interested in 'double duty' pedals that are equally satisfying on guitar & bass (fer instance I use AD-9, Space Echoes, Big Muff + LS-2, etc).

And lemme tell ya, I was blown away by the Octane III on guitar. Anyone use one effectively in their bass rig?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Don't know that one, but ZVEX in general kick major butt, and the size can't be beat. I use a Fuzz Factory, and looking hard at Jonny Octave.

3. cameric

cameric

Dec 31, 2007
    They certainly do - but they're bloody expensive, so for me, that warrants more discussion than other pedals, as it's a much bigger commitment.

4. Guest043

Guest043 Guest

Apr 8, 2008
    you can ask zack exactly how much low end youll loose..ive contacted him a couple times with my low end concerns and hes always been really really helpfull.

i use a zvex machine on bass..love it.

5. dubsymmetry

dubsymmetry

Mar 13, 2008
    my octane3 is - hit that power chord and the sun will come through the clouds. i like it.

but it definitely rolls of low end in a way that thereĀ“s not so much difference between open E and the octave harmonic.

I might have some time to make a clip if anyone wants one.

6. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    I've used one as well. It's not a good 'bass retaining pedal', but it sounds really good for fooling around with lead/style lines.

7. cameric

cameric

Dec 31, 2007
    Cool, thanks fellas. Looks like I'll get a chance to try one out as my guitarist just bought one :hyper: