1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zvex: Ringtone/Ooh Wah II/Tremorama

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by iualum, Nov 11, 2006.

1. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Anyone ever tried these on bass. They look great on the Zvex vids. Also, any idea(other than evilbay) where I might look for used?

2. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz!

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    I've only seen the vids. The ringtone looks like the most unusable pedal I've seen. It's like set it up for one song and never dream about using it elsewhere.

3. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz!

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    oh and you might check the classifieds on harmony central, the gear page, or musictoyz..

4. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I have used both the Ooh Wah II and the Ringtone on bass. (I bought the Ooh Wah and borrowed the Ringtone.) The Ooh Wah was terrible, it's only suited to higher pitched instruments IMO, and I've heard better random filters. I sold it within a week. The Ringtone was awesome on bass, a really killer sound, and I intend to buy one eventually. The only downside is, as grygrx points out, it's an extreme novelty sound that really can only get used in like one song per record. But that one song will sound extremely F-ing cool.

5. If one could hook up a footpedal to modulate the carrier frequency as well as the presets I'd be sold. I have a SD Mold Spore and while the sweeping is great I really wish I could have presets for certain Keys/Chords.

6. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    What you CAN do with the Ringtone is set up the various stages to frequencies that sound good for specific keys/chords, and step through them using the tap switch.

7. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Thanks. I'll give a look at those places.

8. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Thanks for the real life feed back. The Ringtone was/is my first choice anyway. But I think it's gonna take some time before I can find a decent deal on a used one, lol. Guess I'll just watch & wait.

9. +1 This. Incredibly useful, especially for a tiny unit with almost no controls. The step feature can get crazy. Definitely nice on bass, but the tap tempo version is a must for that. Great.

Tried the wah. Crap.

Had a tremorama for years. It was stolen, sadly, but it wasn't super useful (except with a Teaser Stallion with the feedback switch; pure noise chaos). I was trying to sell it before the theft. Zack said there were no plans to make a tap tempo version then. I'm not sure I would even buy that now. That system just doest work as a tremolo. Pass.

And don't get me started on the "Seek-blah" line and that stupid copper plate... Not his best work (the Machine is!).

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021