Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bass87, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Saw these guys on Later with Jools Holland last friday, looked very cool, very melodic. Anyone have their album? What's it like? How does it compare to the stuff Corgan did with the Smashing Pumpkins?

Cheers :cool:
  2. here's my impression of zwan
    it's a lot brighter and more up-beat than SP. my guess is that now that billy corgan is rich and set for life, he's doing this project for the fun of playing music, which is pretty cool. i dig what i've heard.
  3. Bumpity bump

Cheers Floyd, anyone have their album? Any thoughts?
  4. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    I like them. I'm glad Paz is a little bit more "in focus" in their lineup. Freaky Fender mentions the album in his sig; maybe he'll stop by.
  5. You rang?

I really like Zwan so far. It's more Pop-rock than what Billy and the SPs were doing. I bought the album in February, and all through March it stayed in my CD player. I found myself singing along to the harmonies and melodies in math class, which is a good sign of great songwriting. Although sometimes I find it a bit cheesy. "Baby, Let's Rock!" struck me as a cheesy 70s love rock song, but grew on me. The only thing i don't like about this record is the mixing... Matt Sweeney ( I think he's panned left) is too loud, while Pajo(panned hard right) can be barely heard (I can only pick him up in the outro of "Honestly"). Other than that, it's a great album

but, just my $0.02
  6. I have it, love it. Some tracks might strike you as a bit off at the first listening but they're doing this not to please anyone but to have fun and make music. Which shows quite clearly imo, and it has some great songs like "Jesus I" and "Desire".

I'm a bit upset that some great songs didn't make it on the album, if you like it then go on the net and get a few of the other songs, the bootlegs. Try Whatever, Whenever - Glorious - Don't Let me Down (which is a good Beatles cover) and Spilled Milk. Repeat, you MUST get Spilled Milk.