Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

zz.... EMG....bartolini......etc.....etc

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by madsky, Apr 25, 2001.

1. madsky

madsky

Apr 21, 2001
    Bangkok, Thailand
    I got this bass called the Aria Pro II Avante AVB TN5. It got pickups the size of a little chocolate bar. Mars-equivalent. If I want a BIGGER pickup I need to cut thought my bass. zz..... I have the original Aria Pro II pickups on them. I want a pickup with heavy and powerful sound for rock and metal and stuff. [although i'm starting to like jazz these days :) ]

So what should I go for ? I got around 100$ to waste on this piece of wood. :) [an excellent piece of wood] I think there should be LOTS of pickup experts around here. :) I'm new at this.

2. top028

top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    I would say go to www.seymourduncan.com and order a catalog. then you can determine the name and kind of pickups you have. There are pickups for just about every sound out there, with out cutting your beautiful hunk of wood. For an all round great sound good for rock/heavymetal/jazz and what ever else, I would go with a PJ set up the pick up near the neck is a split pickup with two stings to one pickup and the other two to the other. the J is a solid skinny bar that would go near the bridge the pickup has four little mounting "ears" on the sides of it. Hope this helps.(seymour duncan is my personal fav. brand there are countless others) I sugest going with Passive pickups if you are into vintage eqipment. (my preamp doesnt get along with my 70's bassman)