1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ZZ Top's white headless P bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassman blue, Jun 2, 2007.

1. bassman blue

bassman blue

Aug 22, 2002
    Bellingham
    i can imagine this has been discussed at length, however, i did a few searches and didn't find anything. who made the white headless P bass seen on some of the ZZ Top videos? thanks.

2. BassikLee

BassikLee Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    AFAIK, the headless bass/gtr used in "legs" video were both like pre CBS stuff, with cheapo necks with the heads lopped off. If you look closely, the bass has a CAPO holding the strings on, and they are so loose they are damn near falling off the thing. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

Lee

3. Yvon

Yvon

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I just watched on youtube and it's the sharped dressed man video! :)

4. paul n

paul n

May 6, 2005
    Arden, NC
    Yeah, they're props, ie non-functional.

5. There is someone that does headless conversions on Fenders. I've seen them before. Google didn't provide any info though :(

6. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
  7. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

ZZ Top also used Dean guitars and basses. But as far as I know, there are no headless versions.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 19, 2021