1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Zzounds.com vs. Americanmusical.com

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ESPplayer, Nov 30, 2006.

1. ESPplayer

ESPplayer

Nov 17, 2006
    has anyone ordered from both? Which one have u had better experiences with? Also which one has the best return policy? Thanks

2. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I've never ordered from zzsounds, but I have ordered quite a bit from americanmusical.

They offer a 1 year free extended warranty (beyond the manufacturer's), and I like the 3 EZ payment offering (where they will bill your CC in three seperate monthly installments, so you have an easier time paying off the balance on your card without additional interest).

They've always been great to work with. I don't know about returns, but their customer service has always been very helpful and they now have instant online chats with the customer service too.

3. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    I'm the same. I have no experience with zzounds.com, but I have ordered a bunch of stuff from americanmusical.com, and the service is really good. I did return an amp (I ordered an Ashdown ABM500, tried it, didn't like it) and the process was very easy, all I had to pay was return shipping.

4. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    +1 on AMS.

5. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Evansville
    ditto,

I have ordered a lot of stuff from American, some of it quite spendy.

I have never had a bad experience with them one time.

bought a Ric from them and I believe I was the first to open it , showed up in a HSC in a box, in a bigger heavy duty box.

So , case in a box in a box.

Ampeg head came the same way.

They keep all of your order info online (forever???)

Nice people to deal with.

Nice split billing if you want to , IE , when I bought my Ric I paid 5 monthly payments of $225. , no interest ect...

I didn't have to do it but ,it was nice to be able to get it sooner than I would have been able to and did not have to "charge it and pay interest"

Sam Ash? sent me something once double boxed but the outer box was about as thick and durable as toilet paper.

6. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Actually, if I'm not gravely mistaken (and hopefully someone will correct me if I am!), zzounds and AMS are under the same corporate umbrella, along with samedaymusic.com and Victor's House of Music (http://www.victors.com/)

I know AMS and Victor's are one and the same, heck even their logos look similar. ;) But I'm pretty sure zzounds and samedaymusic are also involved somehow.

EDIT: By the way, I've been ordering stuff from AMS for almost 15 years. Never had a single service issue.

7. I bought several items through Zzsounds. No issues...

8. i like zzounds...when I was buying lots of stuff online, their prices were consistently the best.

I find their bass selection a little bit lacking at times, but i've never had any problems with them. they've also been more than friendly regarding returns, too.

9. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I buy from American Musical all the time. I love that place. They have the EZ payment plan that anyone with a debit card can use, regardless of credit history. I also get the stuff the next day if it comes from their Jersey warehouse. A week later if it comes from Cali.

I recently had heaphones as part of keyboard pack that I got wich were damaged. I called customer service - 2 days later they send me 2 sets of headphones - never even asked for the other ones back.

I had to return a couple of Michael Kelly basses once also, CUZ THEY SUCKED (bad frets at the neck joint and unplayable notes on 2 basses) and they sent the other basses before I returned the first deivered - and all I had to do was hand the other ones over the UPS guy when he came. No sweat, no hassle - and when I finally decided I didn't want the MK bass they didn't hassle me at all. Just sent another UPS guy to pick it up.

I always get through to them immediately - the people have always treated me awesomely and with lots of friendliness and respect...

Yeah! I like American Musical!

10. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    +1
    I'm pretty sure he's right, they are owned by the same parent company, along with WWBW (Woodwind and Brasswind) and probably a few other formerly-separate companies.

I haven't ordered from AMS, but I've ordered from Zzounds several times with no problems; the one time I needed to return something, they took the return and replaced it promptly.

11. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    have ordered from both a number of time with no issues.