Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by 6-stringer, Sep 29, 2000.

1. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Just picked up "The Roxy and Elsewhere". Frank in rare form.
    It's a live CD full of great tunes like "pinguin in bondage". Anybody here into Zappa?
  2. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Hell yeah! Zappa was great...one of the best musicians ever
  3. Zappa is god! or pretty damn close
    check out the best band you never heard in your life, htat has got to be my favorite live zappa album. got to love a guy who surrounds himself with great musicians.
    zappa never bores me or stops inspiring me.
  4. He was a genius!!

I have the video "You can´t do that on stage anymore" and holy cow!!! he´s great.. I also have several cd´s... :)

and all the mucicians! wow!
  5. gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I love Zappa, but only have Hots Rats (well worth it, too!). I suppose, being a King Crimson fan, I should have more, but I don't. He was responsible for the start of lots of careers - Steve Vai, Adrian Belew, George Duke, Lowell George - just to name a few. I love the Live at the Fillmore 1971 release, when members of The Turtles joined up with Frank. Brilliant, brilliant musician; I really should get more of his stuff.
  6. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    I'm with ya, gweimer. Hot Rats is never far from my cd player. I still think that it is Zappa's best overall work.
  7. ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Zappa is one of my all-time idols!!!

Always liked the bass solo from " Moe n Herbs Vacation"!!!
  8. Zappa will certainly be remembered as one of the most original, creative, and well respected musicians of the 20th century. Not only as a musician, but as a businessman, and a perpetual thorn in the side of the idiot "yes" men, record producers and politicians with whom he crossed swords on many occasions (ask Mrs Gore!). He was a "one off" and is irreplaceable - come back Frank! The music world needs you!

- Wil

"Music is The Best" - FZ

[Edited by Wil Davis on 10-05-2000 at 02:29 PM]

9. Moe n Herbs Vacation? are you talking on the clasical album or is it elsewhere?